Tuesday 10 January 2023

Favourite Books from 2022


Being a reviewer introduces me to authors I have not read before and new books by my favourite independent authors.

 

Last year I read The Murder Rule by Dervla McTiernan. I often look through reviews by others once I have posted my thoughts and many mentioned her other books featuring Irish Detective Cormac Reilly. I immediately bought the first in the series, then the second and third.

 

New books by one of my favourite authors were The Animals v Samuel Willis and Where the Irises Bloom by Will Lowrey. As with all his books I read heartfelt animal stories written brilliantly.

 

Having two grandchildren (aged 6 and 1) I sometimes select children’s books through Netgalley for review. Nenek Tata and the Mangrove Menace by Judith Vun Price and Jacqui Vun was delight to read.

 

The other book that stood out for me was All the Lights Above Us: Inspired by the women of D-Day by M. B. Henry

 

You can view my book review blog at https://pambookreviews.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment