Saturday 27 January 2018

Stupid Questions by Tourists



Having worked in the visitor industry and dealt with my fair share of “dumb questions of the day” I used this list when I taught tourism at a vocational college (another place for getting the “dumb question of the day”. What used to amaze me was that often students couldn’t see problems with these questions.




These are real questions taken from the US National Parks Guides, Visit Scotland, Visit Britain, English Heritage and Australian Tourist Board.

"Are there any lakes in the Lake District?"

"In what month is the May Day demonstration?"

"What is the entry fee for Brighton?"

"Why on earth did they build Windsor Castle on the flight path of
Heathrow?"

"Is this where Sharon and Ozzie actually live?" Asked by a visitor to
Osborne House, Isle of Wight

"Is Wales closed during the winter?"

"Can you tell me who performs at the circus in Piccadilly?"

"Why did they build so many ruined castles and abbeys in England?"

"What time do you switch the mist off?" - Asked a visitor to Dover Castle

"Do you have any information on (former Page 3 girl) Samantha Fox?"

"Which bus do I get from the Orkney Islands to the Shetland Islands?"

"What time does the Loch Ness monster surface and who feeds it?"

"Is Edinburgh in Glasgow?"

"Can I wear high heels in Australia?"

"Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round?"

"I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks?"

"Which direction is North in Australia?"

"Was this man-made?"- A Tourist at the Grand Canyon National Park

"How much of the caves is underground?"

"Do you know of any undiscovered ruins?"

No comments:

Post a Comment