Saturday 11 March 2017

Reading challenge



I came across this reading challenge recently. It was intended as a goal for 2017.

As it is now March and I have commitments with books I have promised to review, I decided to look back over those I have read since first beginning to write reviews and see what that leaves me as goals for the rest of this year.

Anyone want to join me? 


 







Here is my list.

A book you read in school
The Secret Garden. It’s the only one I can remember from school. Does that say something? Review not yet published
A book from your childhood
The Bobbsey Twins Forest Adventure – currently my bedtime reading.
A book published over 100 years ago
Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens. Peter Pan was a childhood favourite and having recently watched Finding Neverland I decided to begin reading all of Barrie’s Pater Pan stories. Currently reading
A book published in the last year
Tears of God (The Blackwell Files Book 7) by Steven F Freeman. Reviewed.
A non-fiction book
After His Affair: Women Rising from the Ashes of Infidelity by Meryn G. Callander. Reviewed.
A book written by a male author
Indiana Belle by John A Heldt (my newest favourite fiction writer). Reviewed
A book written by a female author
Portrait of a Secret Agent who Knew Kim Philby by Tina Tamman. Reviewed.
A book by someone who isn’t a writer
The Hollywood Survival Guide for Aussie Actors by Kym Jackson. Reviewed
A book published in the 20th century
Mystery at Three Elms by Michael D. Gibson. Reviewed.
A book set in your home town/region
The Old Razorback Road: Life on the Great South Road between Camden and Picton 1830-1930 by Elizabeth Villy. Reviewed
A book with someone’s name in the title
Hail Mary by CM Albrecht. Reviewed
A book with a number in the title
1066. Review not yet published
A book someone else recommended to you
Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Groga. Review not yet published
A book with over 500 pages
Timbuctoo by Tahir Shah. Reviewed.
A book you can finish in a day
The Adventures of Sherlock Bones: Doggone by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. Reviewed.
A previously banned book
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. So the story goes, it was banned in South Africa during the Apartheid days because it had the works ‘black ‘and beauty’ together. Review not published yet.
A book with a one word title

Eden by (Sandra Mahoney Mystery) by Dorothy Johnston. Reviewed.

A book translated from another language
The Escape of Alexei by by Igor Lysenko (Author), Georgy Egorov (Author), Vadim Petrov (Author), Marian Schwartz (Author), Atonina W. Bouis (Author) Reviewed.
A book that will improve a specific area of your life
Dingo Tails by Kane Guy. I read this books as part of my research`h on the life of the Dingo Lady Berenice Walters. Reviewed.
A memoir or journal
Tears of Innocence by TR Robinson, Reviewed.
A book written by someone younger than you
Living with the Dingo by Adam O’Neill. Not hard category seeing that I am 67 but I included because it is an excellent book. Reviewed.
A book set somewhere you will be visiting this year
The Fourth Season by Dorothy Johnson. Set in Canberra, Australia. Reviewed.
An award-winning book
Will Never Forget: A Daughter's Story of Her Mother's Arduous and Humorous Journey Through Dementia by Elaine C Pereira. Reviewed.
A self-published book
When Kingmakers Speak by Nathan Veerasamy. Reviewed

That leaves two categories I can’t tick off: A book that became a film and a book with a character with your first name.

I should be able to easily find a book that became a film but does any know a book with a character by the name of Pam or Pamela. Please let know any recommendations.

A special thank you all the Indie authors I review for and who keep my reading material interesting and varied.

My reviews can be found at http://pambookreviews.blogspot.com.au/

2 comments:

  1. And thank you Pam for taking the time to read and review our books. It is very much appreciated, perhaps more than you realise.

    ReplyDelete