Monday 23 July 2018

How We View Things in Life

It is July. It is cold here in Australia. As I look through my office window trees bend at sharp angles with each strong gust of wind.

I must go out this morning and don’t want to face the challenge of bitter cold and soul-destroying wind.

As I sit procrastinating about getting on with my chores my mind goes back to something I read this morning.


July 6
A neighbour had been irrigating an oblong paddock to feed his steers during the drought. It looked like a brilliant green bedspread in the middle of a dingy room of bare brown floorboards.


July 7
The outlook through the bedroom window is a treasury of gold. A flourishing daisy bush is studded with a mint of dazzling gold flowers reflecting the brightness of the sunshine, like cascading gold coins
.

This was written by country woman Betty Sharpe in her little book “The Year Rambles On” published in 1985 and based on her diary.  It is dedicated to the army of country folk who struggle through all seasons to protect and preserve the real Australian countryside.

I tell myself if a country woman can see the beauty surrounding her in mid winter my moaning is unimportant.

I will go and attend to my errands and return to the warmth of my home. It really is not much to have to cope with.

No comments:

Post a Comment